Frigidaire FRA053PU1 Review
Who have probably seen air coolers in the department store. But do you know that there are various models and brands of portable Acs now for sale? Yes, and among the top selling brand is Frigidaire FRA053PU1 5,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner. As the name suggest, Frigidaire FRA053PU1 is small and portable equipment. The size allows it to be place anywhere.
How about efficiency? Frigidaire FRA053PU1 Portable Air Conditioner can give equal electrical power like traditional AC but unlike the latter, you won’t need to wait for the whole room to cool because you can always adjust the position of the device in the direction you want.
Frigidaire FRA053PU1 Portable Air Conditioner is best for rooms with 216 square feet size. The soft touch select control options makes it easy to use. It comes with full-function remote control to ensure accurate temperature control and fan speed. The fan feature has multi-speed option that swings air from across the room. It has clean air ionizer that helps remove pollen, dust and air impurities to avoid allergies. It comes with antibacterial filter to avoid filthy room odors and bacteria as well leaving its users health and well-being. It’s truly space wise as it is built with caster wheels so you can move the device from one area to another.
Technical Specifications of this AC
- 5,000 BTU cooling capacity
- Can cool room sizes up to 216 square feet
- Can cool room sizes up to 216 square feet
- With swing air direction control
- Antimicrobial mesh filter
- Average weight: 73 lbs
- Manufactured in China
- Color and Finish – White
- Warranty: 1 year warranty on parts and labor plus limited warranty-sealed system
Frigidaire Electrical Specifications
- Voltage rating: 115 volts, 60Hz
- Amps: 8.4/9.1
- Watts: 560
- Length of Power Cord: 6.5 feet
- Plug Type: LCDI 5-15P
In contrary to what people believe, large air conditioners do not necessarily give better cooling. In fact, an over sized air conditioner contributes to clammy feeling and wastes energy as well. To understand better, you need to check whether your air conditioner unit is properly sized to suit your cooling needs. Given that your unit has 5,000 BTU cooling capacity, it can sufficiently cool around 100 to 150 square feet area. Also, you need to consider if the area is shaded or quite expose to sunlight and heat. With heavily rooms you may reduce the required cooling capacity by 10 percent. Otherwise, if the room is exposed to heat or sunlight, increase the required cooling capacity by 10 percent.
Furthermore, each person may require 600 BTU. Hence, if two persons occupy the room regularly, another 1200 BTU cooling capacity is required. In order to use Frigidaire FRA053PU1 5,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner efficiently based on these technical aspects, an average of 35 BTUs is required for every square foot. If there are two persons regularly occupying the room where it is placed, then it cools effectively in 108 square feet area. You can read on the package that the unit can cool room sizes up to 216 square feet. This may be true in an unoccupied and heavily shaded room.
Frigidaire FRA053PU1 5,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner requires low-voltage start-up so it does not use as much energy. The 8.5 energy efficiency ratio offers a unique soothing experience. Plus, the automatic temperature controls allow you to remain comfortable at all times. The antimicrobial mesh filter feature will surely benefit especially those who hypersensitive to dust and pollens and even those who have skin and bronchial asthma.
Pros of the FRA053PU1
- One of the major advantages of Frigidaire FRA053PU1 is that it is a lot cheaper than central air conditioner
- The unit is fashionable and handsome. It’s highly mobile so you can move it anywhere you want.
- Most issues, concerns, feedbacks and queries were given answers and solutions.
Cons of the FRA053PU1
- Although, it could be noisier than ductless air conditioner, this unit passed the standard noise level set by most state.
- One consumer was concerned about the poor documentation on the drainage. The unit has 2 drainage, the first is located on the upper part which is only necessary if you are using the dehumidifier mode and the other drainage is placed at the bottom part of the unit. Although, you don’t normally drain water, you only have to use a pan if you are moving the unit to some other places to avoid spilling the water on your floor. Other than that, the water on the bottom drainage serves its purpose as this is will be reused during the condensation process.
- Most complaints are related to cooling. Some said that the unit does not give really good cooling effect as expected for 5,000 BTU.
What Consumers Have to Say
To this date, there are 108 people who have written customer reviews in Amazon.com with 73 out of 108 people giving out 4-5 stars rate. There are about 286 put of 297 people who found the consumer reviews helpful.
Who Should Buy this Portable AC?
If you want to cut off electric bill yet still looking for cool and comfortable environment, a portable air conditioner like Frigidaire FRA053PU1 is good enough for you. It gives equal energy consumption but since it’s highly mobile, you don’t have to wait for some time to cool off the entire room. Place it in a strategic location and in few minutes you can already enjoy its cooling effect. It has a small exhaust and it doesn’t occupy much of your window pane. Therefore, if you are someone looking to preserve your house design, this unit serves well.
Why Should You Buy It?
Frigidaire has been in this line of business for years. Consumer reviews of this product can speak for itself. Most consumers were happy about the performance and efficiency of Frigidaire FRA053PU1. More than that, the company is very ready to provide answers and quick response to its clients. While all products have its own fallback what is important is as consumers we are assured that there is someone to attend to us in times of necessity.
For a similar option, check out the Sunpentown SF-609 Portable AC