Whynter 14,000 BTU (ARC-14S) Review
Who says that air conditioners are just perfect for the summer? Everybody deserves good life and that goes for comfort too. What about if you are residing in a space without windows? Thanks to technology, you can now bring cooling and comfort anywhere with Whynter 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner.
Description of the Whynter ARC-14S Dual Hose
When you are looking for a highly efficient air conditioner to give you utmost comfort and cool fresh air, you have all you need with Whynter 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner. This unit comes with CFC-Free ARC-14S and double hose system that is capable to cool any living area of 500 square feet with the 14,000 BTU cooling capacity. Whynter 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner is among the best sellers rank out in the market today with its unique operations as it function as air conditioner, fan and dehumidifiers.
There’s more! Let’s find out more by studying the features and technical specs of Whynter 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner. The 24-hour programmable timer along with the full thermostatic control adds to your comfort. You won’t need to get out of bed to make some temperature adjustments. Conserve energy and take control of the usage hours at your own preference.
Like everyone else, you wouldn’t like to contribute to global warming. You don’t need to feel guilty because Whiter 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner is environment friendly equipment customized for minimal energy consumption with its ozone-safe R-410A refrigerant, lead-free and ROHS-compliant features. Equipped with the automatic drain technology, it brings moisture from air so you will enjoy less condensation plus improved cooling efficiency. It’s probably the most economical option if you are on a budget yet looking for a great unit to provide a good cooling job for your home or workplace. It also comes with washable filter and plastic window installation kit. Being portable, you don’t need to mount it. It comes with casters so you can move it around anywhere you want.
When you want to save on your electric bill, you can always choose the fan with four speed modes. Nonetheless, if you wish to remove humidity from the room without cooling it, might as well choose the dehumidifying option at 101 pints per dehumidifying capacity per day.
- Maximum power consumption: 1250 Watts/10.8 A
- Power supply: 115 Volts/ 60Hz/1 Phase
- Product Dimensions: 16 inches x 19 inches x 35.5 inches
- Average Weight: 95 pounds or 43.18 kgs
- Available for shipping with US only
Inside the ARC-14S Box
Other Accessories You May Buy with this Portable AC
- Portable Air Conditioner Exhaust Duct Hose Extension Kit
- Plastic Window Kit
- Carbon Replacement Filter
- Antimicrobial Filter
- High Density Foam Tape
- Whynter ARC-14S Portable Air Conditioner comes with stylish and modernized design. It’s slim so it doesn’t take much space around the house.
- It’s easy to use and it has accessories included in the package.
- Ready to use out of the box after minor installation.
- It gives soothing and cooling effect really quickly in a good-sized room.
- Portable, can be easily moved anywhere
- Its multi-use feature is very helpful.
- Replacement hose is expensive.
- Some consumers say that it barely aids in cooling the room if temperature is really high outside.
- It gives off loud noise.
- Produces a lot of noise
- The unit is heavy at 100 pounds.
Average Consumer Ratings
Consumers at Amazon.com gave 3.7 stars out of 5.0 from 229 reviews. Approximately 150 of these reviews rated 4 to 5 stars and the rest 1-3 stars.
Who Should Buy it?
If you want to completely benefit from Whynter ARC-14S Portable Air Conditioner, better choose units with higher BTU levels than what is expected for the space at least to avoid frustrations like what is most expressed in the consumer reviews. To sum it up, consumers that used this product for smaller areas didn’t have issues as much as others who expected it to cool based on the BTU table. However, if you think you can get away with a smaller unit, consider either the Honeywell MN10CES or the Honeywell MN12CES Air Conditioners.
Why Should You Buy it?
Whynter ARC-14S Portable Air Conditioner is among the top seller brand in the market. Although there are some who are not quite satisfied with its performance, there are more who says it is a good product. Before you buy, any portable air conditioners for your home and office, you need to do a little homework and understand what the specs speak for. Although, we can also rely our decisions to most reviews considering that they are the first people who have first-hand experience about the product, their disappointments and frustrations may not necessarily apply to you. Foremost, we have unique needs and may have different views for similar circumstances.
Consider the Following Tips before Purchasing
- Check the humidity features. Does the unit perform on its best on time schedule when electricity demand is at peak? How about the performance during hot weather?
- Check the noise level. Most consumers prefer around 40 dAB to 50 dAB but 55 dAB is quite acceptable.
- What about the cooling capacity. Check the BTU chart and find which unit suits your needs. As said previously, better purchase higher BTU air conditioners than what is expected to cool the specific room area. After all, it runs with a thermostat and most likely maintains the room temperature when the standard cooling level is reached.
- Is it eco-friendly or does it pose health benefit advantage? We all know about the global issue about global warming. We need to be responsible not to add more problems to the ozone layer.
- Also check other features like the remote control, digital display and thermostat operation.
If you're looking for a cheaper option but similar cooling capacity, consider the Koldfront PAC1401W Portable AC as another option.